How do i migrate a site via ftp?
Thinking of a bio :)
You can migrate WordPress sites via FTP using our Migration Centre. This will copy-over the site files and database into a package that it creates for you. To do this: Login to Dashboard Head to the Dashboard Migration Centre and click ‘Start New Migration’. Select the option, ‘Migrate a WordPress site using FTP’ and click ‘Next’ Here you’ll be required to input 4 pieces of information: - Hostname: the FTP hostname, so the server you'd connect to via FTP - Domain: the domain name of the site you’ll be migrating - Username: the FTP username you’ll use, it is very often the domain of the site e.g. example.com - Password: the FTP password you’d use to connect to FTP. Once you’ve entered those details select ‘Next’. The Migration Centre will then show you which packages will be migrated across, simply select ‘Start’ to begin the migration. For an average size site, you can expect the migration to take 30 minutes to 1 hour. If you then want to migrate in the emails for the package, you can do this using our Email Migrations tool.
- why is my pop3 mailbox re-downloading messages after migration?
- how do i migrate websites, mysql databases, and standard mailboxes to hyper host using the migration centre?
- can i move my site to the wordpress platform?
- how do i transfer a domain or website to another hyper host customer?
- what is the hyper host migration centre? an overview.